Well, let’s see, how about some random thoughts for yet another day where I find myself trying to get healthy and am otherwise forcing myself to relax…
- Being Sick is the Pits: Still under the weather, but off the DayQuil and on antibiotics so there’s now an end in sight. Hope to be back on the bike(s) by mid-week and looking forward to a tandem ride next weekend. Geze-o-Pete I really don’t like being sick!
- Our Calfee is Awesome: The more I think about our Calfee tandem and learn what others are up to or have experienced with their uber-tandems the happier I become with it! Everything works and works well. No need to tweak.
- Boutique Tandem Wheels: I haven’t ruled out the possibility of perhaps one more attempt at boutique wheels, so we’ll see where my head’s at when I get the call that they are available. It’s fun to have some “special wheels” that add a little bling to the bike and curb the desire to consider a whole-bike upgrade.
- Our Breezeway is Awesome: Really enjoying the heck out of our breezeway! I think we’ve spent more time on the breezeway over the past two weekends than we did over the past 10 years: really. Of course, it’s only been 2 years since we added the veranda and better-quality outdoor furniture. That, coupled with the recent, cooler than normal weather and being sick as a dog such that I’ve had to force myself to rest has also been a factor since I can’t stand being in the house when I can be outside.
- Olde Towne vs. Willy’s: Gotta get back to our original Saturday night dining routine; really enjoy Willy’s but don’t think my body or budget can take two nights of indulgence a week. Friday at OTB is a must, so Saturday’s should find us back at Olde Towne for comfort food & soft drinks. Willy’s may just need to be a “special” afternoon waypoint for Ahi Poke on motorcycle rides.
- 15 lbs Down, ? to Go: Over the past few months my sweet Debbie helped me change my eating habit such that I could shed the 15 lbs I’d added over the past couple of years without resorting to a “diet”. I’ve accomplished the original goal and continue to enjoy the new eating habits. The question now is, do I ratchet it up a notch and cut out a few of the remaining indulgences to break through to the next level? Hmmm. Perhaps I just need to increase the amount of exercise I get: love my maggies and life’s to short to behave all the time.
- Got Triplet, Need Local Stokers: Gotta work at finding guest stokers for our triplet in the local area who can join us for occasional charity rides, rides from the house and PEACHES rides: we just really enjoy riding that thing! If riding a tandem is twice the fun, then clearly riding a triplet is thrice the fun! (Photo from 2013 GTR by Eve Kofsky)
- 20th Anniversary Week Coming Together: The Key West part of our 20th Anniversary is coming together quite nicely. We’ve got our flights sorted out, we’ve secured a nice room overlooking the pool at the Curry Mansion just 1/2 a block away from Duval Street and have our tickets on the Yankee III for our day trip to Fort Jefferson on the Dry Tortugas. We’re very excited and looking forward our return visit to Key West! Now for the first part of the week! Gotta get in some tandem time.