Since I’m a little behind in posting my updates and GTR is now in the history books, I would be remiss if I did not offer a quick summary of the weekend: It Was Awesome!
- The best restaurants & catered dinner we’ve ever enjoyed at any rally.
- Met all kinds of wonderful people all weekend long, on and off the bike.
- Fantastic Friday social with delicious ice cream, a live band and dancing!
- Great routes with very little traffic.
- Fabulous weather, albeit a bit windy at times.
- An amazing dinner venue (The Ice House) and an encore performance by the same caterer who provided the sensational Low Country Boil at the Covington GTR in 2010.
- Well-behaved mass-starts on all three days that make tandem rallies all that much better since you get to meet a lot of folks on the road who you’d never get to ride with at “start on your own” events.
- Hosts who had every aspect of hospitality checked and kept everything on track and on-time without making it feel as though the event was all that structured; that’s part of the magic of GTR and it’s co-directors: Roger, Eve & Elliott. Heck, they even plan things so well that they’re also able to get out and ride every day!
- Bottom Line: Perhaps the “Best” GTR to date?!