Yes, I know it appears to have been launched on January 1st, 2010. However, that’s because I back-dated most of the initial blog entries which were, in fact, TandemLink.com Bulletin Board entries from January and February. I simply moved those entries over to the blog as a way of jump starting the whole process.
Checking the odometer it looks like:
- There have been over 60,000 views, or about 164 per day
- I’ve published 348 entries, or just a little under one per day
- I’ve received 305 comments, although I suspect a lot of those are my replies
- We have 69 subscribers: 7 other WordPress publishers & 62 folks by Email
- Our busiest day in terms of views was February 28, 2011 with 700 even.
- The ‘media library’ has 484 images & uses 172.8 MB of my 3 GB of storage space.
Not sure how long I’ll stick with this. While I have thoroughly enjoyed learning and sharing information about tandems and tandeming in a wide variety of forums since 1996, I’m now wondering if I shouldn’t become a bit more careful with my personal time as there’s less and less of it left as each year passes. The time invested, after all, has been voluntary and uncompensated and time remains our most valuable, non-renewable resource: we don’t know how much of it we have to begin with, we can’t really save time, we can’t borrow time, we can’t be bequeathed time, we can’t buy time, and most of us certainly don’t know how much we have left. So, it will be interesting to see if there’s a second anniversary for the blog in 2012 or if I have some type of epiphany regarding how to better use my time.
However, that said, let me thank those of you who subscribe, follow, or otherwise read my ramblings. I’m humbled that y’all find my thoughts interesting, entertaining or perhaps even relevant enough to invest your time reading what I have to share. That, in and of itself, has been the primary reason that I continue to publish here and do my best to moderate and contribute to discussions at the various tandem discussion forums I frequent.