This will get cross-posted over at TheTandemLink.com, but for the benefit of the folks who are following our blog, here are a couple tandem rally updates:
- Registration for the Southern Tandem Rally at Florence, Alabama on October 15-17 is now Open. You can learn all about the rally and download the registration form at the STR Website HERE.
- Everything is now set for the 2010 Georgia Tandem Rally at Covington, GA next weekend. I only mention GTR at this point to call attention to the amount of time and effort Roger puts into the GTR Website each year. It’s really amazing just how much information he puts up on the Web for this annual event, year-after-year. Even if GTR is geographically undesirable or falls at a time that doesn’t work for your team’s vacation schedule, you owe it to yourself to take a look at what must be about the most well-documented tandem rally Web site that you’ll find anywhere: http://www.georgiatandemrally.com/
- Last week we also heard from the Tennessee Tandem Rally organizers who noted that two slots were still available. We’re hopeful all the tandem-folks in the Nashville area have escaped any serious damage to their homes, businesses, schools, houses of worship, etc… in light of the recent flooding.
- The First Appalachian Off-Road Tandem Adventure (A.O.R.T.A.) weekend / rally is almost upon us and about 26 couples are tentatively planning on participating in the off-road tandem enthusiasts gather near Asheville, NC. I finally pulled our Ventana ECdM down from it’s suspended storage position in the garage for the first time in about two years today just to make sure the shocks were still holding their fluids and air and that everything worked. So far, so good, although we have no false expectations about our abilities… we’ll be taking it easy and looking for others who are of a similar disposition to hang with on the trails while the real off-road monsters duke it out.
- Speaking of off-road tandem adventures, the 17th Annual Fall Allegany Ride for Tandems (FART XVII) will be held on September 10th thru 12th at Allegany State Park, Salamanca NY. This is the granddaddy of off-road tandem gatherings. Unfortunately, it’s just too darn far and falls at the wrong time of the year for us, otherwise we’d have certainly attended at least one of the past events. Perhaps one day…